Saturday, July 5, 2008

more prayers needed

a very dear friend of mine found out a couple of weeks ago that he has lymphoma. they found it in his abdomen and say that it has already spread to many lymph nodes around the body. he will be going wednesday for further tests to try to determine a prognosis and course of treatment. it was all i could do to keep it together on the phone with him last night and as soon as I hung up I started bawling. i cried a lot last night because I just can't stand the thought of anything happening to my friend. I told him he needs to come down and spend some time at the beach before they start chemo or anything. I'm worried, folks, but I am praying that they are able to get him into remission and i'll get to have many, many more conversations with my
friend.

we also got an update on hs's son yesterday. the surgery went well on wednesday. he is breathing on his own again and he can flex his arm up towards his body but he cannot straighten it back out yet. apparently, the same nerves that control that extension action also control many
leg movements. he also cannot move his fingers yet. hs is dealing but said that his son isn't talking much and it doesn't seem like it's really hit him yet. they will be flying him back to atlanta monday to a spinal rehabilitation facility. with any hope, he will be able to regain many movements.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

prayers for both .